On May 28, 1950, a group of thirty-seven people in North Lauderdale County, Mississippi were organized as a church by the Presbyterian Church in the United States (PCUS). The organizing commission named the new church “Bailey Presbyterian Church” and elected five elders and three deacons to govern the new congregation.

On June 11 of that year, the Bailey Session called the church’s first pastor. A new church building was constructed on Highway 493, Bailey, Mississippi and was dedicated on November 5, 1950.

The Lord steadily grew the congregation over the next two decades. In June 1973, concerned about many of the doctrinal positions of the PCUS denomination, the Bailey congregation withdrew from the PCUS. On July 1973, the Presbytery of Mississippi Valley was organized at the First Presbyterian Church of Jackson, Mississippi and Bailey along with thirty-seven other churches enrolled as charter members of what became the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA).

Bailey faithfully proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ and invites and welcomes all people seeking to worship Him in truth and Spirit.